Download Termux For PC, Here I share the complete process to download, install and use this free Linux terminal app on mac and windows.
Termux is an emulator of open-source terminals that runs on devices running Android. You may use Termux with your package manager to install and run multiple control-line applications.
|Updated||10 June 2021|
|Requirements||Windows 7, 8, or 10|
Termux PC and Mobile App also operate as a kind of small Linux OS bundled with several tools and utilities usually found in Linux distributions on your desktop, updated on 29 September 2020.
Installing and using Termux on Android or on PC requires no root access. You can even use a lightweight desktop GUI without hardware acceleration.
Although on small touch devices, it might be sluggish and not precisely usable. For developers and other users who would want to access CLI Linux Android apps, Termux is quite popular.
It’s the closest thing to an Android Linux OS, and its tactile designed UI for tiny screen devices makes it easy to use.
It also offers an automatic completion using the action key in the top row of the on-screen keyboard with extra keyboard actions that make it easier to enter symbols.
Once you’ve installed Termux on your mobile or pc device, it’s essentially your (Linux-based) Android smartphone with a remote Linux system.
You may utilize the most common terminal programs that you know or get to know them now that you have them on your phone.
Especially the Termux interface has software Ctrl, Alt, Esc, and arrow buttons, which make it easy to enter keystroke connections on a virtual keyboard.
I like a Bluetooth keyboard on lengthy journeys to use Termux on my desktop or my laptop as easily as a terminal.
Download Termux For PC (Free) → Method 1
Now to install this free Linux terminal app on our pc we need to use the android emulator because there is no official version available on windows or mac store.
Follow the step-by-step process to install Termux on our windows computer or laptop.
- First, we need an android emulator, you can use any of your choices but here I am gonna use bluestacks.
- Download the emulator from the official website, install it on your pc and complete the Google sign-in process.
- Next, open the play store app and search for the Termux app on pc and select the official app.
- Click on the install button and it will automatically start installing this free Linux terminal app on your emulator.
- Once the app is installed you can see the Termux icon on your desktop, click on it to start the app.
- The app screen will look like the screenshot below but it can be different if you are using a different version.
This was the first method to download Termux For PC and this is how you can use this free Linux terminal app on your windows.
Now you can operate all the Linux mobile commands on your windows or mac pc with this app.
Here I have covered some frequently asked questions that may help you download or use Termux on your pc.
What can Termux do?
Ans. This app provides Linux environments on your android phone without root and any setup.
Is Termux available for PC?
Ans. There is no official version of this free Linux terminal app available on windows or mac app store. But with an android emulator, we can use this app on our pc.
Is Termux legal?
Ans. Yes, this app is legal and safe to use but make sure you don’t use this app for illegal purposes.
How do I use Termux app on PC?
Ans. For that you need an android emulator on your pc, in this article I covered the complete installation process check it out for more details.
Is Termux secure?
Ans. This app works as an emulator on your phone and uses an OpenSSH connection, so yes it is secure to use.
The above FAQs are for those who are looking for quick solutions to their questions about this free Linux terminal app.
How to Use Termux on PC? (Windows) → Method 2
It may be possible that you get an error while downloading the Termux app from the play store.
So here in this method, we are gonna use the apk file of this free Linux terminal app and install it on the emulator.
- The first step is download, install and open the android emulator and complete all other steps.
- You can skip the google sign-in process because we are going to use the Termux apk file to install the app.
- Next get an apk file, drag and drop the file on the android emulator to start the installation.
- It will start the Termux installation on pc as we install the app on our android devices.
- Once it is installed you can use this free Linux terminal app on pc as we discussed in our previous method.
Here make sure you download the Termux apk file from the official website or use it from your mobile.
Termux PC App Features
Before you download and use this app, check our below features to get more ideas about this free Linux terminal app.
- Feature-packed: Take your selection from Bash, fish, or Zsh to nano, from Emacs to Vim. Pick up your inbox with your SMS. Access curl API terminals and use Rsync to save backups on a remote server on your contact list.
- Safe: Use OpenSSH SSH Client to access remote servers. Termux PC and Mobile app is an attractive open source solution that combines standard packages with precise terminal emulation.
- Can be adjusted: Install what you want through the Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux available APT package management system. Why not start Git installation and dotfiles syncing?
- Explorable: Ever sit on a bus and wonder what arguments tar would accept. Termux Packages are the same as Mac and Linux – install and study man pages in one session while experimenting with them in another session on your phone.
- Including batteries: The Pearl, Python, Ruby, and Node.js up-to-date versions are all available. All are available when you use Termux on pc.
- We now know that termux is an emulator for the Linux terminal. That’s true somehow and also a bit of misleading information occasionally.
- Termux is not an autonomous application for hacking. As we spoke about, it is software with instructions and scripts.
- There are various tools for penetration testing in different Linux distributions, such as Kali, Parrot OS available in the Termux pc app.
Most of them operate through the terminal and are based on CLI. We may also install several more tools and execute other Pentesting scripts.
Here we have covered the complete step-by-step process to download Termux For PC and use it on our windows and mac laptops.
If you like the installation of this free Linux terminal app on your pc then let me know in the comment box. I will help you to solve it.