Download Miracast For PC, Here you can download, install and use this Wifi Display app on your Mac or Windows computer.
Miracast is a technology that allows you to broadcast your content wirelessly. The WiFi Alliance first released Miracast in 2012 to create a wireless link between transmitting devices.
|Developer||The Tree Team|
|Updated||31 January 2022|
|Requirements||Windows 7, 8, or 10|
Miracast PC app is best defined as “HDMI over WiFi,” as it eliminates a need for a cable between both the device and the display.
The WiFi Alliance introduced the Miracast certification scheme towards the end of 2012. Miracast-certified users can connect independent of the manufacturer.
Adapters with HDMI or USB connectors have become available, allowing devices with built-in Miracast compatibility to connect via Miracast.
Nvidia revealed Miracast support in 2013. Miracast uses WiFi Direct peer-to-peer technology. Miracast PC app has a 5.1 speaker system and supports 1080p HD video (AAC and AC3 codecs are optional; linear pulse-code modulation – 16 bits 48 kHz 2 channel is required).
Miracast is a wireless protocol similar to USB, Bluetooth, WiFi, and Thunderbolt that allows laptops, tablets, and smartphones to connect wirelessly to displays such as TVs, monitors, and projectors.
Because the connection is established via WPS, it is protected by WPA2. On the Internet layer, IPv4 is utilized.TCP or UDP are employed at the transport layer.
The stream is started and controlled at the application layer using RTSP and RTP for data transport.
When streaming over Miracast, make sure your screen is focused on the content you want to share: Miracast PC, unlike iOS devices, mirrors (thus the pun in the name), etc.
Your device’s screen displays rather than transmitting an independent video stream independently of what is on screen.
Download Miracast For PC (Free) → Method 1
Now to install this Wifi Display app on our pc we need to use the android emulator because there is no official version available on windows or mac store.
Follow the step-by-step process to install Miracast on our windows computer or pc.
- First, we need an android emulator, you can use any of your choices but here I am gonna use bluestacks.
- Download the emulator from the official website, install it on your pc and complete the Google sign-in process.
- Next, open the play store app and search for the Miracast app on pc and select the official app.
- Click on the install button and it will automatically start installing this Wifi Display app on your emulator.
- Once the app is installed you can see the Miracast icon on your desktop, click on it to start the app.
- The app screen will look like the screenshot below but it can be different if you are using a different version.
So this was the first method to download Miracast for a pc. And the installation process will be the same on mac and windows.
Now you can use this Wifi Display app on PC and cast all the screens to other devices.
Here I have covered some frequently asked questions that may help you download or use Miracast on your PC.
You can use this app on phones, tablets, and even pc to cast your device screen to another one.
For now, it is not available on the mac but you can use it on your laptop with the help of an android emulator.
For that, you will need this Wifi Display app and you can download it from the google play store for android devices.
For that, you need an android emulator like LDPlayer on pc and then you can install this Wifi Display app on it.
First, connect your adapter to the TV, change the input source on the TV and turn on screen sharing on your phone.
Above are some FAQs and I hope you found them useful but if you still have any questions regarding this Wifi Display app let me know in the comment box.
Install Miracast on PC (Windows) → Method 2
It may be possible that you get an error while downloading the Miracast app from the play store.
So here in this method, we are gonna use the apk file of this Wifi Display app and install it on the emulator.
- The first step is download, install and open the android emulator and complete all other steps.
- You can skip the google sign-in process because we are going to use the Miracast apk file to install the app.
- Next get an apk file, drag and drop the file on the android emulator to start the installation.
- It will start the Miracast installation on pc as we install the app on our android devices.
- Once it is installed you can use this Wifi Display app on pc as we discussed in our previous method.
Here I used the Miracast apk file and installed it on the Windows emulator and the installation process will be the same on mac as well.
Miracast PC App Features
Before you download and use this app, check our below features to get more ideas about this Wifi Display app.
- CERTIFIED WI-FI MiracastTM allows multimedia material to be shared seamlessly between Miracast® devices.
- Even if a WiFi network is not accessible, Miracast will enable users to wirelessly transmit multimedia, such as high-resolution photos and high-definition (HD) video material, between WiFi devices.
- Open the “ACTION CENTER” throughout the bottom-hand corner of the window. Then click “project” to see many styles of projecting content to an external display with the Miracast PC app.
- Then select the “Connect to a wireless display” option to see which Miracast receiver devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Miracast is already supported by the majority of new Windows and Android devices. Tablets, cellphones, PCs, and laptops all fall within this category.
- Windows 10 includes Miracast. Miracast is available on many Android devices running version 4.2 or later.
- Android 4.2 (KitKat) and Android 5 both supported Miracast (Lollipop) and even on pc. However, in Android 6 (Marshmallow) and later, Google removed native Miracast support.
- Chromecast is essential if you’d like to mirror your screen from the newer Android smartphone or tablet.
- Screencasting to a Miracast receiver is accomplished by selecting the Miracast option from the dropdown menu and searching the WiFi network for an available receiver.
- Here in the above information, you have gained some basics about the Miracast PC app and its features.
Make WiFi visible on the phone as well as the items you want to use it for.
Also check out the Keepsafe, TVMC, and Mi Home apps installation process on pc which we have covered in our previous articles.
Now you know how to download Miracast For PC and use it on a mac or windows computer with an android emulator.
Make sure you share this article with friends and social media so they can also install this Wifi Display app on pc.